I’ve been really enjoying (making & eating) sweeter sourdough discard crackers. I made Sourdough Discard Cranberry Almond Crackers last week and they instantly topped all the savory crackers I have made, inspiring me to make more like it.
This sourdough discard almond cacao crisp is a cookie-cracker hybrid. I’ve been debating on wether or not to call it a cracker, since going into this I had “sourdough discard cracker” in mind, but they gave me subtle ultra thin cookie vibes that at I decided to go with crisp. These thin nutty crisps has a touch of sweetness and cacao that makes them such a joy to snack on. I love pairing them with coffee or tea. They’re not quite dunk-able, but they are so complementary.
Looking for more sourdough discard cracker recipes? Try these out:
- Sourdough Discard Cranberry Almond Crackers
- Sourdough Discard Cornbread Crisps
- Sourdough Discard Pretzel Crisps
Sourdough Discard Almond Cacao Crisps
- 100 g sourdough discard
- 20 g sugar
- 30 g flour
- 20 g oil
- 20 g raw almonds chopped
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine sourdough discard, oil, salt and sugar. Combine chopped up almonds, cacao powder, and flour and mix it into the sourdough until a sticky dough forms.
- Transfer the dough onto a baking mat and shape it into a rough square. Roll the dough out into a thin sheet and cut into squares.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the edges just starts to brown. Check on the crackers halfway to break apart the crackers and remove the edge pieces that cook faster. Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to a week.