My new favorite sourdough discard crackers! Unlike most crackers, these are sweet and tangy with a biscotti like nuttiness a harder crisp. Perfect addition to a charcuterie board.
This recipe is extra small– makes about 12 crackers– just enough not to have leftovers. For your frame of reference, thats half a baker’s half sheet. Highly recommend doubling if you are making for two or want extras.
Looking for more sourdough discard cracker recipes? Try these out:
- Sourdough Discard Garlic Crackers
- Sourdough Discard Cheese Crackers
- Sourdough Discard Cornbread Crisps
- Sourdough Discard Pretzel Crisps
Sourdough Discard Cranberry Almond Crackers
- 50 g sourdough discard
- 35 g almond flour
- 15 g cranberries chopped
- 10 g sugar
- 10 g olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine sourdough discard, oil, salt and sugar. Add chopped up cranberries and almond flour and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Transfer the dough onto a baking mat and shape it into a rough square. Lay piece of plastic wrap on top and using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a thin sheet.
- Remove the plastic wrap and transfer it to the oven for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove it from the oven and using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the dough into pieces. Transfer it back to the oven and let it cook until the edges starts to brown ~10 minutes. Remove the crackers from the oven and break it along the line you cut previously. Evenly scatter it and bring it back to the oven to finish cooking ~5 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring it to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!