Cheez-Its on steroids. These quick & easy cheese crackers, made from sourdough discard, are the ultimate crunchy cheesy snack. Its jammed packed with cheesy goodness and has a good kick– thanks to the addition of some cayenne peppers.
Try making them with any type of solid cheese. I love cheddar and white cheddar but I have made them using random combinations of assorted cheeses that are left over from the previous night’s cheese boards and they always come out ?. I mean, cheese, how could it be bad?
Check out more sourdough discard cracker recipes:
- Sourdough Discard Cranberry Almond Crackers
- Sourdough Discard Garlic Crackers
- Sourdough Discard Almond Cacao Crisps
Sourdough Discard Cheez-Its Cheese Crackers
Easy cheesy crackers with a kick– perfect way to satisfy your salty cravings or to snack on with a nice cold drink.
- 100 g cheese
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 50 g sourdough discard
- 20 g all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Blend together cheese, seasoning, and sourdough discard. Transfer to a work surface and knead in flour. If it is too wet, add some more flour. Shape into a rectangle and roll it out into a rectangle 1/4" thick. Using a fork, dot holes all over the dough and then slice into squares.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the crackers are toasted and crisp. Halfway through the bake, check on the crackers to remove any pieces that cooked faster and break the crackers along the lines you cut and scatter them so they evenly cook.
- Let cool completely before storing in a dry air-tight container where they can stay fresh up to a few weeks.