These crunchy, flavorful chips are easy to make and perfect for snacking on their own or dipping into your favorite spreads and dips. In this recipe, you learn how to transform your sourdough starter into delicious pita chips in just a few simple steps. With their satisfying crunch and tangy sourdough flavor, these chips are sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
My favorite ways to eat them? With hummus, and on a charcuterie board!
Looking for more sourdough discard recipes? Check these out:
- Sourdough Discard Cheese Crackers
- Flakey Sourdough Discard Biscuits
- Sourdough Discard Spinach Tortillas
- Sourdough Discard Multipurpose Soft Bread Rolls (Tangzhong)
- Sourdough Discard Cong You Bing: Scallion Pancakes
Rustic Pita Crisps
- baking mat
- Rolling Pin
- 100 g sourdough discard
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 45 g all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- sesame seeds optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together sourdough discard, olive oil and salt. Add baking soda and flour and combine until a dough forms.
- Lightly knead the dough and roll it out into a long rectangle. Fold the dough over itself into thirds and roll out it out again. Repeat the folding.
- Transfer the dough onto a baking mat and roll it out as thin as possible. Using a fork, poke holes all over. At this point, you can cut the crackers to your desired size. For a more rustic look, bake as is and break up the crackers once it is done and has cooled.
- Brush the top with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crackers have puffed up and turned golden brown. Let cool and enjoy!