Making bostock is one of my favorite ways to transform stale enriched bread into a sweet treat. It is like a cross between toast and almond croissant and is super easy to make. I posted the Black Sesame Bostock recipe a few weeks ago, which is a yummy milky, sweet and nutty treat. It hits the spot when I am looking for something richer and sweet, but when I am looking for something more bright and delicate, orange and almond is the combination I go for.
Orange Marmalade & Almond Bostock
- 2 thick slices of enriched bread
- 20 g butter
- 15 g sugar
- 25 g egg about 1/2 an egg
- 30 g almond flour
- 1 tsp orange zest optional
- pinch salt
- orange marmalade store bought
- sliced almonds
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spread orange marmalade on top of the slices of bread and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in the egg until the batter is light and fluffy and then add the almond flour and orange zest. Layer on the frangipane on top of the slices of bread and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the top has set. Let cool and dust on powdered sugar. Enjoy!