Switch up your typical pancakes and waffles brunch (because does anyone still even eat or have the time for breakfast these days?) with these delightfully fluffy Dutch babies! Similar to popovers and Yorkshire pudding, you can build them up sweet or savory.
What is my favorite way to eat them? With butter! Or if I’m feeling sweet, some powdered sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- Combine egg, milk, vanilla, flour and salt. Pour mixture through a mesh strainer for a more even batter and rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Put a oven safe skillet or pan (I used a dutch oven) into the oven and preheat to 450º F.
- Once preheated, remove the pan from the oven and add butter, swirling till evenly coated and melted.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with lemon and powder sugar (or topping of your choice)