When you hit your late 20s, you have to have a go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. Period. You can’t get that store brought crap, with your diminishing metabolism, that stuff just ain’t worth the calories! And you can’t be spending close to $4 at a bakery either because you are older and are responsible with your money goddam what if you want 2? And you can because you are an adult. $8 for cookies? That’s like almost the cost of a meal! #nothankyou. Here try this recipe, adapted from Tasty’s Brown Butter Toffee Cookie. It call for a minimum of an overnight refrigeration to develop its flavor, but it is well worth it! Make extra and freeze them up and you’ll have an unlimited supply of THE BEST BROWN BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES at your fingertips #yourewelcome.
Want more cookie recipes? Check out these posts:
- Chewy Black Sesame Sugar Cookies
- Almond Cookies
- Kinako Black Sesame Shortbread Cookies
- Soft & Chewy Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
The Best Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 75 g granulated sugar
- 150 g dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 150 g bread flour
- Chocolate Chips/Chunks
- Flakey salt
- Brown butter in a pan on medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and dissolve in instant coffee. Set aside and let cool.
- Add granulated and brown sugar to the butter mixture followed by egg and vanilla extract. Cream together until smooth and glossy.
- Combine salt, baking soda, flour and chopped chocolates and evenly fold into the butter mixture.
- Form balls with the cookie dough and place them on a parchment or plastic-lined tray. Cover loosely and let rest in the fridge at least overnight or up to 3 days. The longer you refrigerate the less spread you'll get in the cookie when you bake it.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Transfer the cookie dough to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 18 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and let cool.