Are you a PBJ lover? These Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies packs a flavor punch and is texturally wonderful with it’s chewy edges and a soft center.
When I was selling my pastries, these cookies made up 16% of all my orders! They are bold, attention-drawing, unique and a fun twist on cookies. I hope you like them!
Looking for more interesting cookie recipes? Check these out!
- Chewy Black Sesame Sugar Cookies
- Kinako Sugar Cookies – Quick and Easy Cookie Recipe
- Earl Grey Tea Biscuits
- Adzuki Red Bean Rugelach
- Espresso Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Some of my favorite cookie-making tools:
- 113 g butter (1 stick)
- 120 g creamy peanut butter
- 110 g light brown sugar
- 35 g cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g all purpose flour
- 100 g jelly
- turbinado or coarse sugar for rolling
- Cream together butter, peanut butte, light brown, and cane sugar. Then evenly mix in the egg.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder together. Gradually add the dry mixture in the wet and mix until no dry patches remain.
- Add jelly on top of the cookie dough batter and using a spatula, gently twist and swirl the jelly into the batter. Do not over mix– we want visible jelly swirls.
- Line a jelly-roll tray or plate with plastic wrap. Using an ice cream scooper, pick up a generous amount of cookie dough and place it on the plastic-linned tray. You should have about 6-8 cookie dough balls depending on your scoop size.
- Freeze the cookie dough for at least 3 hours or ideally, overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare your cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Pour turbinado sugar into a bowl and one at a time, take the frozen cookie dough and roll it into the sugar. Place the cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet 4 inches apart. Let it rest for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies have puffed and has browned. Seven minutes into the bake, lift the cookie sheet a few inches from the rack in the oven and drop it. Do this about 3 times. This will help the cookie spread so it isn't too thick and tall. Rotate the baking tray and let it bake for another 3 minutes before repeating. Keep an eye out for the jelly to make sure it does not burn.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!