Are you a PBJ lover? These Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies packs a flavor punch and is texturally wonderful with it’s chewy edges and a soft center.
When I was selling my pastries, these cookies made up 16% of all my orders! They are bold, attention-drawing, unique and a fun twist on cookies. I hope you like them!
Looking for more interesting cookie recipes? Check these out!
- Chewy Black Sesame Sugar Cookies
- Kinako Sugar Cookies – Quick and Easy Cookie Recipe
- Earl Grey Tea Biscuits
- Adzuki Red Bean Rugelach
- Espresso Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Take your PBJ experience to the next level with these chewy peanut butter sugar cookies that are swirled with strawberry jelly and rolled in turbinado sugar. Never has PBJ tasted so good.
Servings: 8 cookies
- 113 g butter (1 stick)
- 120 g creamy peanut butter
- 110 g light brown sugar
- 35 g cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g all purpose flour
- 100 g jelly
- turbinado or coarse sugar for rolling
- Cream together butter, peanut butte, light brown, and cane sugar. Then evenly mix in the egg.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder together. Gradually add the dry mixture in the wet and mix until no dry patches remain.
- Add jelly on top of the cookie dough batter and using a spatula, gently twist and swirl the jelly into the batter. Do not over mix– we want visible jelly swirls.
- Line a jelly-roll tray or plate with plastic wrap. Using an ice cream scooper, pick up a generous amount of cookie dough and place it on the plastic-linned tray. You should have about 6-8 cookie dough balls depending on your scoop size.
- Freeze the cookie dough for at least 3 hours or ideally, overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare your cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Pour turbinado sugar into a bowl and one at a time, take the frozen cookie dough and roll it into the sugar. Place the cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet 4 inches apart. Let it rest for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies have puffed and has browned. Seven minutes into the bake, lift the cookie sheet a few inches from the rack in the oven and drop it. Do this about 3 times. This will help the cookie spread so it isn't too thick and tall. Rotate the baking tray and let it bake for another 3 minutes before repeating. Keep an eye out for the jelly to make sure it does not burn.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!