Sometimes I daydream about crisp and chewy brownie edges. This Salted Chocolate Chunk Brownie Cookies are essentially brownie edges in cookie form and the texture is customizable depending on how crisp or soft you like your brownie edges. Bake it longer for an airy near-brittle texture or less, for a soft, crumblier experience.
Want more cookie recipes? Check out these posts!
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Black Sesame Sugar Cookies
- Espresso Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Adzuki Red Bean Rugelach
Salted Chocolate Chunk Brownie Cookies
- 40 g coconut oil or butter/vegetable oil
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 70 g all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking power
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 20 g cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp instant coffee optional
- 1/3 milk chocolate bar, chopped
- flakey sea salt
- Cream together sugar and oil. Then ass your coffee powder, egg, and vanilla extract and beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix together four, baking powder, cacao powder, chocolate chunks and salt. Fold in the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or freeze dough for about 45 minutes before using. Ideally, refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Scoop dough and form into balls. Place it on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with flakey sea salt. Repeat.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes. For a crisper, chewier cookie, cook the cookies longer.
- Cool for about 15 minutes and serve.