Nutty, chewy, milky & sweet. These mochi bars are speckled with black sesame paste for bursts of intense nutty sweetness in every bite. Made with just 4 ingredients! Glutinous rice flour, condensed milk, milk and black sesame. Bake your steam, your choice.
Looking for more mochi recipes? Check these out!
- 4 Ingredient Ube Coconut Mochi
- Red Bean Mochi Bar
- Brown Sugar Boba Mochi Bars
- Warabimochi with Tapioca Flour
- Quick & Easy Microwave Mochi
Black Sesame Mochi Bar
- 2 or 3 cup narrow baking dish*
- Parchment Paper
- Aluminum Foil
- 100 g glutinous rice flour
- 100 g condensed milk
- 90 g milk
- 20 g black sesame
Black Sesame Paste
- 15 g black sesame powder
- 15 g condensed milk
- 10 g milk
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
Make the black sesame paste
- Add all the black sesame paste ingredients in a pan and cook on medium high heat until a thick paste forms. Set aside and let cool.
Make the mochi
- Mix all the mochi ingredients in a bowl until everything is evenly distributed. Generously oil a 2 or 3 cup baking dish or glass container OR line it with parchment paper and pour in the mochi mixture.
- Using a fork, drop small pieces of the black sesame paste all over the mochi mixture. Optional: decorate the mochi with black and white sesame seeds.
Cook the mochi
- Steam: place the mochi in a steamer, cover and bring the water to boil on high heat. Lower the temperature to medium heat and let steam for 45 minutes.
- Bake: Alternatively, you can bake the bars. Preheat the oven to 350F. Cover the mochi with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let the mochi cool completely– either overnight or for at least 2 hours before attempting to remove it from the container and cutting. Sprinkle with more sesame seeds or black sesame powder when handling to prevent sticking.