Black sesame paste is a very common ingredient in Asian sweets and pastries. It is often used as a filling and to the sweets it adds sweetness and an awesome nuttiness. It is very easy to make and takes less than 15 minutes.
Here are some examples of recipes that uses black sesame paste for your inspiration.
Black Sesame Paste
- 50 g black sesame powder or seeds*
- 75 g condensed milk or sugar
- 100 g milk or water
- 6 g coconut oil or butter/neutral oil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a saucepan and cook on medium heat until a thick paste forms. Continue mixing until the paste is no longer runny and has the consistency of thin mash potatoes.
- Cover and let cool before using. Store covered in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for longer.