Transform your sourdough discard into flour tortillas with this easy, and foul-proof sourdough discard tortilla recipe.
I enjoy prepping these tortillas in the morning, about an hour before lunch. Simply just mix the ingredients together and let the dough relax. Then, right before lunch, I like to shape, flatten and cook the tortillas on the stovetop. This allows me to have fresh tortillas for lunch, which is fantastic. These tortilla comes out soft and tender, making it great for wrapping, rolling and dipping.
Looking for more sourdough discard recipes? Check these out!
- Sourdough Discard Spinach Tortillas
- Soft & Toasty Scallion Rotilla (Flatbread)
- Quick and Easy Sourdough Crisps with just Sourdough Discard and Spices
- Sourdough Discard Almond Cacao Crisps
- Sourdough Discard Granola with Goji Berries, Black Sesame, Almonds, and Pineapples
Sourdough Discard Tortillas
Basic soft skillet tortillas made with sourdough discard
Servings: 6 medium-sized tortillas
- 180 g sourdough discard
- 85 g all purpose flour
- 9 g water hot
- 45 g olive oil
- 1/3 tsp salt
- Mix together oil, sourdough discard, salt and water. Then add in flour and mix everything until it starts coming together. Lightly knead and shape into a ball, cover and let rest for about 45min.
- Divide the dough out into 6 equal pieces. Shape into balls, cover and let rest for 15min.
- Heat up a pan on medium high heat. Roll out the balls into thin disks and place it on the heated pan. Once you start seeing the tortillas expand with air, flip and cook the other side.
- Transfer to a kitchen towel and cover while you make the rest of the tortillas to prevent it from drying out.