Not everything sourdough have to be time intensive and involved. This overnight sourdough sandwich bread will only require 30 minutes of your time to prep! 15 minutes to mix all the ingredients together and knead and another 15 minutes post first rise to shape the dough! Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Easy Overnight Sourdough Sandwich Bread
- 60 g active sourdough starter
- 320 g water
- 470 g all purpose flour or bread flour
- 15 g olive oil
- 10 g salt
- 25 g honey
- filling of choice optional
- Combine all the dough ingredients together and knead until a smooth dough forms. Cover and let rise overnight in a cool place (70-75F) for 8-10 hours.
- Rolled out the dough into a rectangle. Sprinkle on inclusions (optional) and roll up the dough, pinch the ends closed and tuck it to the bottom.
- Transfer dough to a parchment lined or lightly greased loaf pan. Let the dough rest and rise for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and bake the loaf for 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool slightly in the loaf pan before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.